The initiative revolves around three main themes namely Reuse & Recycling, Climate Change and Community.
Worth mentioning that it is not the first time for SCCT to celebrate and promote environment; as for two years SCCT has aligned with UN in Environment Day celebrations with a variety of activities.
The campaign took place globally from the 14th to the 21st of September. SCCT together with DP World Sokhna launched the GO GREEN initiative with a lot of activities and projects. We genuinely hope that such initiatives will raise awareness and help Egypt to join the worldwide movement towards a better environment.
What we achieved during the campaign:
- Reuse and Recycle – Impacts :
– Waste reused : 240KG (scrap material)
- Climate Change – Impacts :
– Kilometers saved (CO2 reduced) – cycling competition : 670KM – Many of SCCT staff interested in cycling now and we plan on keeping that interest
- Community – Impacts:
– Number of people educated – externally : 23 (GC and army unit) – Kilograms of litter collected : 528KG – Clean east ferry area, and GO GREEN logo on our barrels
- Employees – Impacts:
– Number of Hours Volunteered : 590hrs – Number of staff who attended presentations: 134